Deal Story: Manufacturing Company, Specializing in Metal Fabrication and Machining
Sold by The Gibbs Group
The Gibbs Group of Calhoun Companies recently helped Minneapolis Sheet Metal Works, a manufacturing company specializing in sheet metal fabrication and machining, find a buyer for their company.
Jason Edgar brought plenty of experience to the deal table. He had worked in research and development at 3M for 24 years, and was eager to purchase his own company. Jason knew where to turn when he became serious about purchasing a business… read more here
Special Note to Business Owners:
Sales of Small Businesses Approaching Record High
BizBuySell, a leading website used by business brokers such as Calhoun Companies, recently reported that small business transactions are on pace to reach a record high in 2014. BizBuySell has been tracking small business sales since 2007 and in their most recent report, which polls business brokers nationwide, it shows:
- 18% surge in small business sales
- Median sale price of businesses is up 5% over the same period last year
- More business sales are benefiting from the return of bank financing
- Sellers are receiving the highest percent of asking price since before the 2008 recession
- Multiples of cash flow that sellers are receiving for their businesses jumped by 9% in the last quarter
- The data clearly shows now is a good time to sell.
The quality of New listings is up as business owners who delayed selling during the recession decide to take advantage of these favorable marketing conditions.
Calhoun Companies can help. We sell more businesses than any firm in the Midwest and would be happy to help you too.
More and more trusted publications are reporting now is the best possible time to sell a business in the last ten years. If you are ready to sell your company, please contact us today. All inquires are held in the strictest confidence. 612-865-2012